The Purpose of this Site

I developed this blog to answer any lingering questions or curiosities my readers might have about this book or the inspiration behind it.

For updates as they happen, please scroll down until you see the "followers" sections in the sidebar. Click the follow button for google friend connect or networked blogs.

Comments are enabled for those of you with more specific questions than those that are addressed here. All I ask is that you please not reveal key plot points, just in case some of my visitors are new to my work. Thank you. :o)

04 April 2011

~Regency Fashion~ June 1816

This is a crossover post from my author blog. These will occur from time to time, when I post something over there for ~Regency Wednesday~ that is from 1816 or 1817. Enjoy!!




Fashions for June, 1816 
Riding Dress 
"Of fine blue Merino cloth, embroidered and ornamented round the bust and cuffs in a novel and unique style. This new equestrian costume, by fastening on the back of the shoulder, preserves all the contour of the form, which habits, in general, are apt to destroy. A full double ruff of fine Vandyke lace is separated from the shirt collar by a Chinese silk handkerchief of blue and white. Small round hat of fine beaver or of moss-silk. Half boots of blue kid; with Limerick gloves worked and seamed with blue."*

*La Belle Assemblée, June 1816, page 224

No comments: